There are two ways to add an additional check in Isolved.
The first, which allows you to convert the check to a manual, is added through Payroll Entry. You will need to navigate to the Individual Time Entry Screen. From there, click on “Add New”.
The next screen will ask for the Check Information. From the drop down, select the type of check you will be adding to this employee’s payroll. There are 3 standard types of checks that you can select from, Additional Check, Additional Check Gross up, Additional-No Deductions.
1. Additional Check: This will create a second regular check for the employee. The taxes and deductions will calculate based off the employee’s profile, however salary will not be paid on this check unless it is manually added. This is to prevent the employee from accidentally double paid.
2. Additional Check-Gross up: This will take the amount entered by the payroll processor and treat it as the net pay, rather than the gross. The system will then calculate the taxes and add it to the entered amount to give you the gross.
3. Additional Check-No Deductions: This will calculate taxes based on the amount entered but will not include any of the employee’s regularly scheduled deductions. This will be the most commonly used check type, as most deductions should only be taken once per pay period.
Next you will enter the Check Information:
The Pay Frequency allows you to set the taxation of this check only. You can choose between Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Semi-Monthly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual.
Override Res Geocode is to be completed if the employee lived in another location while they earned this pay. Enter the correct zip code.
Override School District is to be completed if the employee lived in a different school district while they earned this pay. Enter the correct school district.
Reciprocity Rule will allow you to override tax rules that do not apply to this check:
Override Pay Group should be completed if the pay was earned in a different Pay Group than the employee is assigned to.
Checking off Force Supplemental will tax this check at the Supplemental Tax Rate for both Federal and State.
Check Stub Message will display a message on this check stub only.
**If you plan to print the check in house, make sure to BLOCK all Direct Deposit accounts**
Hit save at top of the screen.
Next you will enter the pay information. Make sure the additional check is highlighted at the top of the screen and enter the pay due to the employee.
Once compete, click on the Preview Check Icon. You will be taken to a screen that displays the gross to net breakdown of the check. From here, you will enter the pay period data: **Keep in mind, you can enter in a different Check Date than the date at which the payroll is processing as long as it falls within the same quarter.
You will now have three selections to convert the check to a manual, Post As Manual, Print and Post or Print Stub. You must make a choice between these three options to continue
1. Post As Manual should be used only if you are recording a check that you have already given to the employee. This selection will post the check and add it to the next payroll.
2. Print and Post will allow you to print the check in house and will record the pay on the next payroll. When this option is selected, the check will be displayed in a separate window, you can print the check from this window. Once this window is closed, you will receive the following pop-up:
3. Print Stub will be used if you do not wish to print the check out of Isolved but sill need to provide the employee with a detailed stub.
If you select Printed, the check will be posted as a manual. If you select Not Printed, the check will not be posted. You will have the ability to make changes to the check and then print and post.
Once you have selected either Post as Manual, Printed or Print Stub, the check will display as Manual in the Individual Time Entry and will be listed as a such on the Payroll Summary Report.