To tie a rate of pay to a specific labor field, you will need to set up Default Labor Rates.
Once your Labor Fields have been setup to allow default rates and Alternate pay rates are completed, you will navigate to Client Management-Labor & GL-Default Labor Rates.
- Click on the Add New icon.
- Select the appropriate Labor Value from the Labor Table that applies to the rate entered.
- You may select an Earning. If nothing is selected, it will default to Regular.
- The rate entered will be used for that earning only.
- You can have multiple earnings if the labor value/pay item value combination is unique.
Enter a Default Rate. If most employees are receiving the same rate when working in the labor field selected, then default rate should be used. If the Default Rate is left blank, the rate needs to be entered under Employee Management-Employee Pay-Alternate Pay Rates if it is to be a secondary rate when working in the selected Labor Field. If no alternate rate is entered, the employees standard hourly rate will be paid
This entry will override the default labor rate for employees with an alternate pay rate. Since Default Labor Rages are used when an employee has multiple rates, the alternate pay rate name needs to be added prior to setting up the Default Labor Rate.