This Report Writer Spotlight video will walk you through the Sort Position drop-downs. The Sort Position drop-downs are used to define the sorts for a report. The first drop-down is used to select a sort position (i.e. 1, 2, 3) and the second drop-down is used to select Ascending or Descending
Below please find some help tips & tricks when navigating this feature:
- No sorts are required.
- When a sort is selected, the Group By and Page Break check-boxes are enabled.
- The Sort drop-down selections are updated dynamically based on previous selections. If there
are no sorts defined for any of the columns, the drop-down contains the selection of ‘1’. After
the ‘1’ is selected, the drop-down contains the selections of ‘1, 2’.
- When a number is selected, it remains in the list and can be selected again.
- When a number is selected again, the column that was using that number is automatically
updated. If the column was using the last number before, it will be updated with what would
have been the next sort number.
- When the Sort selection is cleared, all other columns that have a sort number will automatically